Proven Coating Fixation Technologies
Initial and long-term component fixation are key to restore joint function. With the PINNACLE® Cup, fixation is achieved through 180° of either POROCOAT®, DUOFIX® with Hydroxyapatite (HA) or GRIPTION® Coatings.
The proven cementless coating fixation technologies1-3 are based on the outstanding clinical performance4-6 of POROCOAT Porous Coating, which was introduced with the AML™ Cup in 1977, with the DURALOC® cup 1980 and with the PINNACLE cup in 2000. Therefore it has been clinically tracked for over 30 years.4-6 The DUOFIX Fixation System was introduced with PINNACLE cups in 2003 being an evolutionary combination of POROCOAT Porous Coating and highly amorphous hydroxyapatite (HA). Finally, in 2009 the GRIPTION cup fixation technology emulated the reliable foundation of the POROCOAT Porous Coating being also an evolutionary development in implant fixation technology due to an advanced 3D structure.5-9
- Onodera S, et al. Cementless total hip arthroplasty using the modular S-ROM prosthesis combined with corrective proximal femoral osteotomy. J Arthroplasty. 2006 Aug;21(5):664-9.
- Mattingly DA. The S-ROM modular stem for femoral deformities. Orthopedics. 2005 Sep;28(9 Suppl):s1059-62.
- Chiu KY, et al. Cementless total hip arthroplasty in young Chinese patients: a comparison of 2 different prostheses. J Arthroplasty. 2001 Oct;16(7):863-70.
- Grobler GP et al. Ten-year results of a press-fit, porous-coated acetabular component. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2005;87:786-9.
- Engh CA, et al. “Porous-Coated Total Hip Replacement.” CORR 298, 1994: 89-96.
- Engh CA, et al. ‘The Odyssey of Porous-Coated Fixation’. J Arthroplasty 2002;17(4) 102-107.
- Bobyn JD, Pilliar RM, Cameron HU, Weatherly GC. The optimum pore size for the fixation of porous surfaced metal implants by the ingrowth of bone. Clin Orthop 1980;150:263-270.
- DePuy Internal Test Report: WR070146; 2007.
- DePuy Internal Test Report: WR070125; 2007.
- Karageorgiou V, et al.: Porosity of 3D biomaterial scaffolds and osteogenesis. Biomaterials 2005;26:5474-91.